Msconfig or better known as system configuration utility is a service tool in windows 2000, windows XP, and windows vista. Through system configuration utility services, you can disable all start-up programs. At many times, you will be experiencing a difficulty when you start your windows. This is due to the reason that your windows file has got corrupted and this may affect running of other programs as well. In order to solve this problem, you are having two tools available- you can use system configuration utility services. It will do the booting of your personal computer and will run only those programs which are necessary for diagnosing the problem. You can make use of services window in windows XP and in windows Vista and disable all the individual services.
These are the following steps that you need to follow in system configuration utility services-
1) You should click on start menu and then click on Run. A window will be displayed on your screen and type in it Msconfig and the click on enter. This utility service will be controlling start-up programs at once.
2) Now click on general tab and then click on start-up option. You should enable only system services and make sure that you are using the BOOT.INI
3) No click on service tabs and hides all services. Then enter disable all settings and then click on OK so that your settings gets saved.
4) If your problem gets solved after rebooting then you should follow step 1 and enable all the services. But, if the problem persists then you should restart your computer again or you can use service window to deal with this problem. And then follow step five so that your windows configuration is set to normal.
5) Open your configuration services again as directed in step 1 and then in general tab, click on normal start-up.
1) Click on start menu and then click on Run and in the display screen type services.msc and then press enter. It will open all installed services of system or any other third parties.
2) In the drop down menu, click on start-up type and then select manual or click on disabled.
3) And then click on OK to save your changes. Restart your computer so that changes can take place.